Sunday, October 21, 2007

Briefing for a descent into Fat Cow Ravine


The last month has seen me frittering away my life at work and fending of various bureaucratic assaults and now it has got cold. Minus five last night. I know this because I am a particularly sad individual who has a weather station. Also, I was foolish enough to get up at seven this morning thinking I could get some work done. Nope! Back in bed by eight and 'kin cold to boot. Better hurry up and get the house finished before the snow comes...


Putting all that behind me and a bacon butty or two after twas time to go walkabout. I haven't been out for a while on a long stroll so thermos in hand I decided to enter into the Ravine de Grosse Vache. Yes it does exist and very jolly too. Descending from 900 metres to the Allier river is a rewarding experience at this time of year :


Actually, there was not a fat cow in sight; she'd obviously been sold off for a few beans which would explain the long climb out of the valley. A lovely place and a bit of an escape from EU subventions and power crazed peasants with mighty earth moving equipment. Fortunately, it is not all noise and bleedin' progress...


Above - a perfect example of post-industrial intermediate technology for when the oil runs out - The all new Phillips concrete trough and basin washing machine. All we need to do now is bring back bonded labour...


No comments:

hot rock mantis